So you have a new Apple Watch, eh? Without a doubt, one of the main benefits of wearable technoligies like the Apple Watch is the alternate payment method it affords the user. Quicker and physically safer than thumbing through credit cards in a wallet, Apple is hoping this feature especially, as well as the health and notification features, really resonate with people. That said, it's a new technology, so let's you may be wondering just how to set up Apple Pay on your Apple Watch. Here's our step by step guide to setting up a new credit card for your Apple Watch.
- Tap the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Choose the “Passbook & Apple Pay” option.
- Verify your credit card on iTunes with your security code.
- Tap “Add a new Credit or Debit Card” to add additional cards.
- Snap a picture of your credit card with your iPhone’s camera or type the credit card number manually.
Wondering which card will be your default when you get to the moment of truth in the grocery store or pharmacy with 5 people behind you? No worries, the first card you enter is your default payment card, but you can switch it in the Apple Watch app at anytime. If you want to switch cards when you’re paying, just swipe through your cards after you double-click the side button, then hold your Apple Watch up to a payment terminal.